I have let this blog sit idle for many moons, but now seems as good a time as any to fire it up again and see what epiphanies it might spark.
So as we embark on 2015, here are a few thoughts on the year just ended. What happened in 2014?
1. I became a mom, again. Which brings my total number of offspring to two. Just four more to go! Just kidding. Maybe...
2. I quit my job. Because having a newborn and a toddler AND working 40 hours a week is outside my capabilities. And childcare for said kidlets is outside our budget.
3. I slept very, very little. Impossible to overstate this. I averaged maybe 4 hours total (not in a row) per night. More later on the psychoemotional effects of this extreme sleep deprivation. Bottom line: not pretty.
4. I wrote very little. Either poems or essays or ramblings of any consequence. Here's hoping next year sees a big improvement in this area. After all, "A writer writes, always." Presumably even when they are caring for two children under the age of two.
5. I turned 30. Existential baggage to be unpacked later.
Highlights of 2014 concluded. Now on to the new year! May I be more creative, better rested, and less of a basket case in the coming year. Pleased to meet you, 2015. I can tell that we are gonna be friends. (Yeah, White Stripes!) *fistbump*